If you have been following Social Media for any length of time, you know about influencers. These are brands, organizations, and people who influence Social Media topics and trends. They have tendencies to post and share content often. Their information has proven to be vital for my business and I have taken influencer’s advice.
What attributes are needed to become an influencer? I explored this area and I’m grateful to report my results. I hope you find this useful.
A strong motivation exists for people to influence. Folks want to make a difference. Influencers have created a portion of their agenda to start a mission which turns topic complexity into simplicity. The characteristics, which enable influencers to be very knowledgeable and skilled in their fields, come to the forefront when they create a project. They are decisive and have a directive to achieve success. Their tasks are filled with enthusiasm. Their prospects for success are realized through their drive to understand the contributing process, whatever their role is in an organization.
There are four steps influencers take to bring success to fruition:
- Know the aspects of the project. Social Media is rooted in campaigns, whether it be a major advertising program or a single blog post. Influencers always establish keywords, whether an influencer is an SEO expert or not. Keywords rise to the top of their content.
Keywords are, in my estimation, positions associated with specific actions and are further developed during transition periods. When a new topic hits Social Media, it takes time to be absorbed by the audience. I’ve noticed we, who follow Social Media, see a “catch-up” phase when a new idea is published. This phase is constructed in several levels which are amended according to our individual needs. Influencers see this construction and know that certain levels need explaining or further expanded upon. Oftentimes expansion is focused on implementation. Influence makes development relevant.
- Know the opportunities. Influencers see opportunity. They learn fast. They get a feel for process and refine elements of a process to fit their needs. Initiative is vital. Influencers know what direction to take and articulate goals to solidify suggestions to make to potential customers. This basically gives then drive.
- Develop relationships. Influencers know their market and realize it’s always changing. They know and understand key people who have influenced them. They anticipate their reach and the reach of key people. Influencers have established, trusted relationships and support the opportunity to contribute suggestions and initiatives.
- Know the role. Leaders know history and their expected responsibilities. They evaluate considerations and validate initial research that informs them to execute strategies. Influencers identify and establish key responsibilities for carrying out a project and support the “go-to” people who enable the responsiveness required to establish the initiative to succeed. Leaders assemble select teams. They know the basic foundation which develops the drive to execute a plan.
These four items are the basic elements of an influencer. Remember, influencers have made career decisions on what they’ve learned. This helped them to advance. Know the importance of these four basic, fundamental ingredients. Study them. Practice them. Make the commitment and you too will eventually become an influencer.
You are a personal brand. Why?
- You advertise yourself and/or your product or service
- People see you
- You create a “footprint”
- Your social media efforts come from you (or from those you hire)
That’s pretty much it.
Source: How Your Social Footprint Can Make or Break Your Blogging Efforts
Consumers are extremely confident in brand and product recommendations made by friends and family. If a potential customer reads about their cousin’s experience with a product they were considering in their Facebook News Feed, that information is treated with a higher level of authority than an online review from a trusted publication.
To target this trend towards friend / family recommendation shopping, many brands have cranked up their efforts to reach consumers via social media. Whether it’s “like” / “share” contests, or Twitter-only discounts, consumers are winning by following their favorite companies on social media and then shopping after they see a sale advertised.
Thought Leadership Strategy
When it comes to executing a thought leadership strategy, center it around becoming a leader in your industry. Even if you’re new and gaining experience in your field – think like a leader.
Stories are valuable. Save your stories.
There are three different types of thought leadership:
- Industry/Niche – create content that illustrates trends and tendencies
- Products/Solution – show how your product or service solves problems
- Company – tell about your company culture and values which includes your valuable experience
Create your strong foundation that you can build over time.
Blogs are a good idea for many companies.
A blog allows you to publish content you want to publish. You can start a blog for your startup marketing long before you have your product ready.
Blogs are worth the effort. Your blog is your content hub. Whether you produce your own content or share other content, make your blog interesting and relevant.
To build your audience, you’ll need to post with consistency. You’ll need to exhibit some endurance. Sometimes you’ll have to repurpose content that you previously posted.
Make the commitment to blog. Make the commitment to produce content. Make your blog your own content hub.
The following was originally posted to the SwordFlameMedia blog.
our creativity is part of our self-story
We want to manufacture something that won’t go to waste. We want to be a guardian of creation.
We can work for high quality. If you are a writer, for example, you can not be sure that you will be creative tomorrow. It’s always up to others to judge our creativity.
We need to make more time for ourselves so we have more time to gaze at the heavens. This will allow us to be more creative tomorrow. Creativity is all about tomorrow. Meditation is creative idleness. We can take a walk and think about things. This will give us a fair balance in our lives.
The great dream of life should be to boost the moral and economic dignity of human beings. I come from a family of farmers. I hold fond memories of those years. We sowed and we reaped. Through that time, I took many items for granted. I know now I should not have done that. As I reflect on my growing years, I realize how fortunate I was. I’m thankful for much.
I learned to foster dignity and contribute to the community. This came from work. Work elevates the dignity of culture and society. We have a universal wish to be treated with honesty, respect, and consideration. We need to feel respect for every single person.
We Have Come to the World to Know
As creators, we want to convince people of our thoughts. Others want to convince me too. We need to strive for hope. We need to replace fear with hope. If we want to challenge the status quo, we have to be polite. We have to be five percent better tomorrow than we were today. This is progress.
once stated that we should think as it were our last day on earth, but we should plan as if we will be here forever.
Developing your personal brand requires you to find your authentic voice. The process of creating one develops who you are — the unique you — the Me, Inc. When you find your voice, and your audiences start to react positively, that builds self-confidence and self-esteem and allows you to find yourself in a meaningful way.
Whether you are trying to build your business, find a job, get noticed by the press, impress vendors, attract influential contacts or simply make new successful friends, a powerful, attractive and visible brand is the key. And it’s also key to building your reputation, credibility and most importantly, being successful in your professional and personal life.