Content is a huge part of being an influencer. Some will say it is the only part. So you have to create content that’s very good. Content is the way to demonstrate your knowledge. Your audience’s perception of you is through your content.
Within your content it is important to link back to relevant pieces written by other influencers or brands. Create interaction with other influencers. You want to extend your reach. Be sure to speak to your audience. Listen to your community. Engage with the content of others. This helps.
Keep up to date with what’s going on in your communities and with the topics you write about. Really ramp this effort up. Being a good influencer means you have to create and/or share content that you know about.
Content marketing is customer centric. That’s why content marketing has become prominent. It’s a big part of a brand’s arsenal.
Everyone can do it. Blog. Podcast. Video. It informs, educates, entertains, provides utility and is there when you want it. Marketing has explored other avenues of promotion rather than advertising. Content populates all media channels. The culture of content has changed. Brands and employees are publishers now…. so are customers. Demand for critical content creation has never been higher. Attention must be paid to what types of content can be re-purposed across channels and cultures.
Check out the original post from strong-content.com: Why content matters (no matter what type of marketer you are)
The following was originally posted to the SwordFlameMedia blog.
our creativity is part of our self-story
We want to manufacture something that won’t go to waste. We want to be a guardian of creation.
We can work for high quality. If you are a writer, for example, you can not be sure that you will be creative tomorrow. It’s always up to others to judge our creativity.
We need to make more time for ourselves so we have more time to gaze at the heavens. This will allow us to be more creative tomorrow. Creativity is all about tomorrow. Meditation is creative idleness. We can take a walk and think about things. This will give us a fair balance in our lives.
The great dream of life should be to boost the moral and economic dignity of human beings. I come from a family of farmers. I hold fond memories of those years. We sowed and we reaped. Through that time, I took many items for granted. I know now I should not have done that. As I reflect on my growing years, I realize how fortunate I was. I’m thankful for much.
I learned to foster dignity and contribute to the community. This came from work. Work elevates the dignity of culture and society. We have a universal wish to be treated with honesty, respect, and consideration. We need to feel respect for every single person.
We Have Come to the World to Know
As creators, we want to convince people of our thoughts. Others want to convince me too. We need to strive for hope. We need to replace fear with hope. If we want to challenge the status quo, we have to be polite. We have to be five percent better tomorrow than we were today. This is progress.
once stated that we should think as it were our last day on earth, but we should plan as if we will be here forever.
A successful content marketing campaign requires efficient planning and organizing, precise goals, an in-depth understanding of the company’s target audience, and a powerful promotion plan.
Here’s 4 items to focus on when developing your strategy:
- Document your strategy – This revolves around planning and organizing
- Create a publishing strategy – schedule your posts and shares
- Develop your content goals – don’t be afraid to stretch your limits
- Understand your audience completely – create content for specific people
Realize how content marketing works. This will help you develop leads and develop brand awareness.
For more, detailed information check out this post from thesocialms.com.
The social landscape is changing quickly. In order to win, social marketers need to listen and engage where their audience is. This takes a plan. Here’s some help to develop one.
Get to know your audience.
Get to know your target audience. Understand who your ideal audience is and what they care about it. Ask these questions:
- Who is your ideal audience following on social media?
- What topics are they discussing/posting about?
- What is their age group?
- Where are they (geographical location)?
- What type of content are they regularly interacting with?
Thoroughly research your audience. This ensures your social media marketing efforts are effective. To reach a wider audience, know the channels available.
Go where they are.
Focus on the channels your audience prefers. Take the initiative to explore the usage and demographics for each each platform. Pew Research looks at social media platforms. Look them up and do your research.
Maximize your ROI.
Be thoughtful and strategic about when and where you’ll maintain a social presence.
Here are some statistics to consider:
- 79% of internet users (68% of all U.S. adults) use Facebook. Pew Research
- Facebook is the most-used social media site by Americans 12 and up. Edison
- Posts with images see 2.3 times more engagement than those without images. Buzzsumo
- Facebook users engage – 76% log on daily, including 55% who do so several times a day. Pew
- Facebook sends 82% of social media traffic to longer stories and 84% of social traffic to shorter news articles. Pew
- Facebook Messenger has 1.2 billion monthly active users worldwide. Statista
- Twitter has 313 million monthly active users. Twitter
- 24% of internet users (21% of all U.S. adults) use Twitter. Pew
- 42% of Twitter users log on daily, including 23% who do several times a day. Pew
- There are 500 million Tweets per day or about 6,000 per second. InternetLiveStats
- Video is the fastest-growing media type on Twitter. Twitter
- LinkedIn has 106 million users. LinkedIn
- 29% of internet users (25% of all U.S. adults) use LinkedIn. LinkedIn
- 18% of LinkedIn users log on daily. Pew
- 92% of B2B marketers leverage LinkedIn over all other social platforms. LinkedIn
- Snapchat has over 100 million daily users. Snapchat
- 54% of Shapchat users log on daily. Adweek
- Snapchat users watch over 10 billion videos per day. Snapchat
- 400 million Snaps are sent daily. Adweek
- Instagram has 500 million monthly active users. Statista
- 51% of Instagram users log on daily. Pew
- 32% of internet users (28% of all U.S. adults) use Instagram. Instagram
- Over 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram every day. Instagram
- YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine and third most visited site after Google and Facebook. Pulse
- There are 3,25 billion hours of video watched each month. Statistic Brain
- The most viewed brand videos are on average 31 – 60 seconds long. Social Bakers
- Pinterest has 150 million users. Pinterest
- 31% of internet users (26% of all adults) use Pinterest. Pew
- 87% of Pinners have purchased something on Pinterest, while 93 % plan to do so. Pinterest
- WhatsApp has more than 1.3 billion monthly active users. Statista
- WhatsApp is most popular in markets outside the U.S. Statista
- WeChat has more than 938 million active users. eMarketer
- 50% of users use WeChat for at least 90 minutes a day. WeChat
- The average WeChat user sends 74 messages per day. WeChat
Be sure you’re focused where your target audience is.
Strive to engage with your audience to win.
Restore your confidence daily.
- Confidence comes from taking risks.
- Confidence soars when you embark on a mission with an honorable purpose – and you’ll realize that those among us who live purposefully and seek out ways to serve others are the most content.
- You must demonstrate confidence every time you fall down and have the tenacity to get back up.
- You know more than you think.
- Trust the inner voice that says, “You can do this.”
- Trust yourself and learn how to succeed.
Search for and find your authentic voice.
This process develops who you are. You’ll build self-confidence and self-esteem.
A powerful, attractive, and visible brand is key to:
- Building a business
- Finding a job
- Getting noticed on Social Media
- Impressing vendors
- Attracting influencers and mentors
- Making friends
Branding “you” will lead to more opportunities.